Menu
delilah
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

I got my Amazon sorted, but suddenly it has started again. 

Once just before Christmas and yesterday now twice today.

Watching a series and move to next episode and the wheel spins then just keeps going only to freeze and I have restart the box by switching off.

Has anyone ever got a proper fix for this?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi delilah

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry to hear that. How is your TV box connected to the internet, wired/wireless?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
delilah
Dialled in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, wireless.

I have since found out there is a TV problem in my area, which should be fixed by Monday. So not sure it this is the problem?
0 Kudos
delilah
Dialled in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry there is a wire which come from the inside box on the wall to the back of the V6 box.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@delilah wrote:
I have since found out there is a TV problem in my area, which should be fixed by Monday. So not sure it this is the problem?

Where have you found this out? Is there any description of the fault - is it affecting, say, broadcast TV channels? I suspect this is a red-herring, Prime is just a streaming service which your V6 uses an internet connection to access.

What we therefore need to establish is how your V6 is connected to the internet. One easy way is to follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right, does it mention a WiFi connection?

Alternatively... look at the back of your V6.... slot 1 is the co-ax cable which carries live TV channels - non-negotiable. Slot 4 is an Ethernet slot which, if your box is hard-wired to your home router, will have an Ethernet cable connected. If there's no cable, your internet connection must be wireless.

VM_V6_rear.JPG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
delilah
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,  On Friday I was getting a few you are not allowed to view this channel, so went to check problems through my VirginMedia and then message there is a problem in your area BT6 0GE will we are working on and will be fixed by 17th.

So wireless connection:

VM5427988

Signal 100% (excellent)

This issue has only ever happen with the Amazon app or channel 205.  Netflix, Youtube all work perfectly.

I like others had the problem back in 2019 I followed the Setting and check Video Output up to 1080p it said this is the best format for my TV, and it worked perfectly for Amazon until it one night before Christmas 2021 and repeated the check Video Output worked until last Friday when it stuck twice, and I had to reboot the box.

0 Kudos
Etsb1973
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Ive stopped watching prime or Netflix via the virgin box but rather on my TVs apps menu. I had all sorts of bother including dropping out/sound issues/signing me out-the list goes on. I contacted a pal who fits sky(think I’m going back later this year tbh) and he said to use the tv app.

Thats now what I use- zero issues- ever…

0 Kudos
delilah
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, I do not have an outside ariel so cannot just use the smart TV apps.

As this long thread says it only happens with Amazon well with me, and was fixed for about 2 years before starting again.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The outside aerial is only relevant for recieving broadcast channels via Freeview. TV apps use the internet, they're not channels in the same way - channel 205 on a V6 or 360 is just a red-button shortcut to the app.

Your latest thread has been split off into a new one, but...you've mentioned other streaming apps working fine which proves the internet connection as ok and suggests this is an app-specific issue. A restart is usually the best way to solve those.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Poddys
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We used to have terrible problems with any Apps loading on our older TiVo box and the V6 isn't great either.

We don't have a Smart TV so loading Apps on there wasn't an option, but we were given an Amazon FireStick as a gift and it just plugs into the USB on the TV and works perfectly. It does mean you have to use the TV remote to change input (the V6 remote doesn't seem to have a button that works with our Samsung TV) but we find it far superior for watching via Apps, whether it's Amazon Prime, Netflix, YouTube, Plex etc.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos