Menu
Nialli
Up to speed
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Radioline App no longer working?

I was a regular user of the Radioline app on my V6 boxes but for the last few weeks or so it hasn't been working. I get this message: "Important notice. We are sorry but this app is not currently available on this V6 box…We're working to fix this problem as soon as possible".

Does anyone know what's going on? Radioline is still working on non-VM devices and the company recently announced on Twitter that it has renewed it's deal with Virgin Media.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Radioline App no longer working?

Hi Nialli,

has your V6 updated recently?

VM are currently updating their V6 boxes to Firmware update: 20.10.1.RC21

The update apparently fixes the sound problems on BT Sports, however they are aware that the Radioline app is broken and are awaiting a fix.

Discussions on the update are Here 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

KarlMercer
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same issue with Radioline. I get a notice on screen now saying its checking my account details and then its not available on this V6 box. I have notice that its happened since i had the Firmware update: 20.10.1.RC21. Since then it hasnt worked. I have phoned twice about it and told different things. I was told they knew about it but couldnt give me an outage refrence number and then told it will be fixed in 24 to 48 hours. As an ex member of staff I know this is not right and I was being fobbed off. If it was a fault it should have a outage ref number.

0 Kudos
PaulW_02
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've tried phoning them and they wanted to send someone out to look at my V6 box... which shows they have no idea what the issue is. I managed to get some response from their Twitter people who could only suggest watching here in the community pages. Talking the Virgin about this is like banging your head against a wall!!
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yep! We are still waiting for a fix on this. The drawback is that the apps are third party property, so although the VM update has caused the issue, the change in required coding is a third party problem

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tonyneofitou
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Like you I've had this fault also since September & it is a fault with the original app as virgin media have confirmed to me. It still doesn't work so we will have to wait for it to be fixed but keep on pestering them as I've managed to get a credit off them off my next bill. 

0 Kudos
adhiren
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It's very noticeable that it's mid February and it's still not working.... 

0 Kudos
thelem
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Radioline is working for me again on V6! Only 8 months or so...

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know thelem

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Tonyneofitou
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It's about time. I feel that we are all due some form of compensation for all of the inconvenience caused by this.. 8 months is far too long it took you to fix it. Please credit my account

0 Kudos