Menu
BASHIR1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

REMOTE

My dad who is elderly(91)has just had Virgin TV 6 installed, he is having great difficulty in using the remote that came with the box, Does Virgin do a remote for elderly, preferably one which is bigger and simpler

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: REMOTE

no there is only one remove for the v6.

you could see if you can find a universal remote that would work
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ACCESSIBILITY REMOTE

Hi BASHIR1,

A member of the Forum Staff may be able to order an Accessibility Remote for your dad, however it may take them a few days to a week to pick this up.

There are also some changes your dad may be able to do help himself  /Elderly-father-cant-see-remote 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi BASHIR1,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out with regards to your father's services. As @newapollo has advised, there are a number of changes which can be made to simplify navigation around our menus. You can find these details in the forum post linked above, or by visiting our TV Accessibility page.

Our high contrast Virgin TV V6 and TiVo® box remote is available to all our customers with accessibility needs who may benefit from it. This would be a white remote with darker buttons, please let me know if you think this is something which could be of use in this situation?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
BASHIR1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to update I spoke to Virgin Customer Services and they are sending me another remote

0 Kudos
BASHIR1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi just to update you, I spoke to Virgin Media and they are sending an alternative remote, hopefully this will suitable for my dad.

Thanks

Bashir

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Bashir,

Fingers crossed your dad find it suitable

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post