Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

REMOTE NOT WORKING

I've been trying to get through to someone for over two hours! 

Online chat sends me to "helpful" articles that don't resolve the issue.

Live chat sends me through to a team where no one responds.

Called the support number. The "tested" my box and broadband and then the call ends. I then called again and purposely entered incorrect details just to get into a queue. In the queue for FIFTY FIVE MINUTES and it hangs up. 

My remote isn't working. No green/red light. Obviously swapped out the batteries with over 10 pairs of batteries. Attempted to sync the remote, but no lights appear so it's obviously not working. Been trying to talk to someone for over TWO HOURS to get a replacement. 

I've been at work for 12 hours in the blistering heat. Sat down to watch footy, remote is dead. 

Acc# [REMOVED]

Area: 31 

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: REMOTE NOT WORKING

Hi DJKNapp,

sorry to hear of your issues.

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that for tonight, and until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response. 

I wont ever ring that number again. Absolutely shocking service. I was fuming and it's literally impossible to get through to someone to talk to. Even had to enter wrong details to get put in a queue, waited nearly an hour and the call got hung up. 

I'll try the text service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No response to the text service.

Still cant get through on the phone.

Live chat is a joke.

All I need is a remote and I cant get through to anyone to get this sorted!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post DJKnapp.

Have you already been through our remote help page

If you go through the steps on this page and still have trouble I'll pop you over a private message, just respond to this with the information needed and we'll get this ordered for you.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos