Menu
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Quiet sound on movies.

Hi 

Does anyone else have problems with sound been quiet when watching movies & programs. Then it comes up load when adverts come on? 🤔 I've just got a new Samsung HW-T420 soundbar which is dolby digital Dts 2.1 channel with subwoofer. My soundbar is plugged into the toslink optical socket in the back of my V6. The audio setting is set to dolby digital. So I've done everything according to instructions. Is this something virgin can adjust at their end 🤔

J.H
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quiet sound on movies.

Try changing the V6 audio to "Dolby Digital to PCM'

==================================
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I tried that dolby pcm setting. I didn't get the surround sound effects. Surround sound only works with dolby digital. I checked with Samsung. Pcm only gives out standard stereo. 

J.H
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

But the audio works? I suspect the V6 only output at 2.0 (PCM) or up to 5.1 (DD).

I have a 5.1 sound amp set to DD only - and have no varying audio levels.

==================================
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I did speak to virgins tv tech support team this morning. The guy said Im using the correct setting for 2.1 channel dolby digital. He's raised it with his 2nd line to get it fixed asap. He said other customers may of complained about the issue. He did run some tests. Which returned saying that sound quality varies from broadcaster to broadcaster. I will see if there's any improvement now he's fed it back to his 2nd line team to look into. Also I've now plugged my soundbar into the back of my Sony bravia tv via toslink optical cable into the toslink socket instead of my V6 🙂

J.H
0 Kudos