cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with live pause

dalanj
Joining in

My V6 box has developed an issue in which after resuming from live pause, the picture and sound stutter, jump and freeze.  Everything's fine when I press the button to return to a live signal.  This happens when live-pausing all channels but live TV and apps are absolutely fine.  I called the helpline but was told nothing could be done because of a current outage which was being fixed.  However, since my live signal through the box is perfect, it seems pretty clear the issue is to do with V6 and I strongly suspect the hard drive is starting to fail.  Any ideas on how I could get this sorted? Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I agree with your diagnosis.

You can either callback and speak to a different agent, or wait on here for the forum staff to respond - which may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I agree with your diagnosis.

You can either callback and speak to a different agent, or wait on here for the forum staff to respond - which may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @dalanj, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'm sorry to hear of this fault with your V6 box, when pausing live TV.

I would advise that if an outage is present, this would block the call handers ability to assist with fixing this issue, as this may be the underlying issue that is causing the issue a customer is faced with.

I've looked into the local area for you, and can confirm that no outage is currently showing.

Can you possibly confirm if this error is still ongoing, or if it has indeed be cleared following the fixing of the outage you were advised of?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello David and many thanks for getting back to me.

I can confirm the issue is continuing, with live pause (and new recordings) having this problem.  Live TV remains absolutely fine.  I should mention that during the reported outage, all the live channels I tried were absolutely perfect so it seems certain the issue is with my box.  I've tried disconnecting and restarting, with no improvement, and my recordings level is only 22%. 

I'd be grateful if you could advise on next steps.

With thanks

David

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dalanj,

Thank you for coming back to us and confirming that this issue is still ongoing. 

Have you been able to take a look at our TV Faults page to see if this can help with your ongoing issue? 

Can you confirm that all cables going in and out of the TV box are input securely and correctly?

Does this impact all channels?

Have your been able to reboot your TV box by switching off the little switch on the back of the box and turning it back on again? Has that helped at all?

Let us know so we can investigate further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello there

Yes, I've looked at the help-pages and tried all those things with no success.  Cables are all secure, and I've tried rebooting.  All channels are perfect for live signals.  But all channels are affected by the live-pause failing. So the signals are fine going in but the problem is with anything being paused.

Would be grateful if we could get this resolved.

Thanks

David

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @dalanj,

I am sorry it is still not working for you.

Please can you ensure the TV box in question is on? We need to run checks on our system.

Let me know when this is done.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide