cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Apps especially All4 on V6 Box

Snootyooty
On our wavelength

I have been having a lot of trouble with Apps on my V6Box . Especially All4. Have been trying to watch Hill Street blues and some episodes start but then freeze either with a frozen picture or a black screen or black screen with sub titles. I cannot watch on my TiVo box as there is no All4 app. I have a smart tv and it is fine on there. Have rebooted v6 box and hub.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well the C4 episodes you mentioned earlier in the thread also played fine on my V6.

So you have a problem with your box by the sounds. You have tried restarting haven't you? Using Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

If you've tried that and it's failed, then it'll be time for VM to intervene with a tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you refer to All-4, do you mean the branded app or just C4-OnDemand programmes that are branded as All-4? I suspect the former but will check.

I ask because it sounds like your issues may be the V6's internet connection, and testing VoD is one of the checks. If you do mean the branded app, can you check whether OnDemand programmes have the same problem.

Let's assume that's the issue - a V6 connects to the Internet via your Home-hub, which can be Ethernet cabled or Ethernet. What's yours?

In the meantime, TiVo has the same VoD access as V6 if the programmes are available there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Good morning japitts,

Thank you for your reply. 
yes All 4 the branded app. 
I have looked at On demand and there does not seem to be any problem with that. I am not sure what you mean by Ethernet cabled or Ethernet?

Unfortunately Hill Street blues is not available on demand.

Many thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Snootyooty wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by Ethernet cabled or Ethernet?

That'll teach me to reply while multi-tasking! Is the connection from your V6 to home-hub, Ethernet cabled or wireless?

If it's wireless, what's the signal strength under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network?

I'm ultimately driving here, at whether the problem is app-specific, or connectivity related.

Thank you japitts,

My son tells me it is Ethernet.

Many thanks.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have the 360 so it may be different, but I've just tried to play the pilot episode of Hill Street Blues via the All 4 app and when starting it's frozen for over a minute trying to build up the All4 logo, then when the episode eventually starts it keeps freezing. No problems with episodes 2 and 3.

I was connected by ethernet cable.

No problems using the All4 app on my Firestick with the pilot episode.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It's not an All 4 app problem as the pilot episode plays perfectly for me.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thank you newapollo,

I cannot watch the pilot of Hill Street Blues. Black screen. Episodes 8 and 9 just have a black screen with subtitles frozen. Episode 14 part 1 is the same. I also cannot watch The Cain Field Killings as that is a black screen.

Also Netflix and BBC have not been working properly either. Normal TV Channels are fine.

I do not have a fire stick. As I said in my earlier post I do not have the option to watch the All4 app on my TiVo box. 

I do not know what to do. I am paying £150 a month and I cannot watch the programmes  I want to.

Many thanks.

Thank you Roger_Gooner,

Glad that the Pilot of Hill Street Blues worked for you. It worked at my sons house and on my smart TV. I think it may be my box.

Many thanks.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Snootyooty wrote:

Also Netflix and BBC have not been working properly either.

I'll check the two C4 programmes on my V6 later, but in the meantime..  can you explain what you mean by the quote above?

The more info you can give, the better others are able to help.