Menu
TT3TT3
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problems Fast Forwarding Recordings

We have an issue when fast forwarding a long programme on ITV4. It’s a live programme that’s around 6 hours long and at various points, the fast forward will freeze, then when play is pressed it will jump back about 5 minutes to play. No matter where in that 5 minute block I try and play, it always jumps back to the same point. Also, the speed of fast forward makes no difference. The only way around it is to play the whole 5 minutes at normal time until it passes the freeze point and then I can fast forward and play as normal. This will happen 4 or 5 times in the 6 hour programme.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems Fast Forwarding Recordings

Does this happen on recordings from other channels? Or if you pause & rewind live TV viewing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TT3TT3
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can only think of it happening on ITV4 and only recordings that have completed the recording before playback, not when rewinding / fast forwarding live TV.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It may be that there was a problem with the signal on that channel while that programme was being recorded.

If the problem occurs on more recordings and/or when you pause/rewind live TV, it may indicate a problem with your box's hard drive.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi TT3TT3, thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear about the problem you encountered with recordings. 

Hopefully it was just a temporary signal issue as advised above - I wasn't able to run any checks using your forum details alone, but please get back to me via PM if you have continued to experience this problem and we'll look further into it for you. 

Tom

0 Kudos