cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with V6 TV box

jacquildavies
Up to speed

I’m not sure what’s going on with my V6 TV box. Lately the sound has kept coming and going - it’s just like switching a switch quickly off and on. In this case the picture stays on. Sometimes both the screen and sound switch off and then on again. I have restarted the box which sometimes solves the problem but then returns later.

I have been trying to get through to the technical department but haven’t been able to get through. 

Has anyone any ideas or fixes for this problem?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That is consistent with an HDMI issue. The cables may be well connected, but have you tried..

1: Using the same cable in alternative port on your TV?

2: Using an alternative cable in the same ports?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this happening across different video sources - so OnDemand? Live TV? Recorded?

Depending whether it is, the HDMI cable/port is the first check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi japitts

I'll have a look and report back…..

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Is it just certain channels or all channels (live TV)?

Hi Jacquildavies,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your TV sound looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

I can see that you last posted about this on Tuesday, is the issue still ongoing? 

If yes, then please let us know and we can get it investigated further 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L

Firstly the cables are well connected. 

The problem is affecting everything - live TV, recordings and catchup. It happens on any channel. If it happens when I’m watching live TV, I can rewind then play and the problem disappears! It’s very frustrating!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That is consistent with an HDMI issue. The cables may be well connected, but have you tried..

1: Using the same cable in alternative port on your TV?

2: Using an alternative cable in the same ports?

Thanks japitts

I’ll give that a go

Hi @jacquildavies 👋.

Thanks for reaching  out to us. Apologies for the delay in responding. I can see you have been getting support from our fellow community members. Can I ask, has their assistance resolved the issue with pixilation or do you require further assistance?

Please let us know. 

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina_B

It’s an ongoing problem. I am just trying to source an HDMI cable and I will be back with, hopefully, good news! Thanks all!