Menu
rev6
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Prime Video Micro Stutter

I'm using the V6 box on a 1080p TV and the stutter/judder is very noticeable the entire length of a show. It's there every second or so. I've tried changing tiVo settings (video and sound) but nothing fixes it.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Superstar
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Prime Video Micro Stutter

What tv are you using? A Samsung?

@rev6 wrote:

I'm using the V6 box on a 1080p TV and the stutter/judder is very noticeable the entire length of a show. It's there every second or so. I've tried changing tiVo settings (video and sound) but nothing fixes it.

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
0 Kudos
rev6
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sony TV. TiVo itself is fine.

0 Kudos
alphabetagaga
Up to speed
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

i'm also getting that issue on the my5 app aswell as the all4 app.

haven't tried the prime app yet so will see if i get the same on the prime video purchases i have made later.

maybe it is an issue since the recent firmware upgrade as had not noticed it before?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@alphabetagaga wrote:

imaybe it is an issue since the recent firmware upgrade as had not noticed it before?

Which SW are you running? Home > Help & Settings > System Info (for those who might not otherwise realise)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
alphabetagaga
Up to speed
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

20.10.1.1.RC5-VMB-11-C68

0 Kudos
rev6
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Same version here.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi rev6, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with watching TV on some of your apps. 

I've gone in to check the stats on the box but it's currently showing as unreachable and offline. 

Can you please let me know if you box is plugged in and switched on? 

It may be worth rebooting the box by turning it off at the mains for a minute or so before turning back on. This should help refresh things. Once you've done this, post back here so we can then check the box again for you. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rev6
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes, it's always online. I am able to access YouTube/Prime Video so it's definitely online. Please would you check it again? I have tried restarting it before making this thread, but it didn't help. I do have a fire TV stick on the same TV to test and there's no judder with that, but I'd prefer just to use the V6 box.

Thanks.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi rev6,

Thanks for getting back to us. I've checked this for you now, and I can see that there are some issues with your TV box. Could you please check that the coax cable is securely connected to all equipment, including the wall socket, and any splitters that are in use?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos