Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Price Increases

Can someone please explain why we have another price increase... I had one in February, 2018 and now another has been added..it is costing over £80.00.I, xl package,  a V6 box, only one tv , no sports of films.. I just cannot manage to pay now, and I have been to Sky for a price with exactly the same as I have now, for almost half the price, I have tried speaking to customer services, and all they can say is they will cut my download down, any help and advice will be greatly appreciated..thank you

Barbara

Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Price Increases

Call again but choose the 'thinking of leaving' option. You will get through to Retentions. They may be able to offer you a deal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you so much Corine, I have never heard of that option when I have to contact virgin for something.. I do hope they can help, I have been with virgin(cable) for so long, (when it ws Ninex).

Big Hugs

Barbara x

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You're welcome. I hope they sort something for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much Corrine, do I ask for Retentions? I am at my wits end, I live on my own and I worry so much, I could not sleep last night with the worry.

Hugs

Barbara x

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

When you get through you will be offered a choice with button to press on your phone. Choose the one that says 'thinking of leaving'. Explain your situation to the people you get through to.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Bless you, I will do this tomorrow and will let you know how I get on, I did try to speak to someone this morning, but he was not at all helpful, I 'phoned because I had one of the phishing email's, telling me my billing was not paid, I knew at once what it was, and tried to report it, but he did not seem to want to know, (just needs someone to click those links and give their details away !!!!)

Barbara

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is not much Virgin can do about the Scam emails. They often originate overseas and as fast as one stops another starts, same for banks etc. Unfortunately for the foreseeable future it is up to us to be careful.

The thinking of leaving option is about 2 levels down in the menus, they can usually offer more than the standard Customer Service agents.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Vircom and Corinne,

Thank you so much for your help and advice, sorry I could not come to visit yesterday, visitors arrived.

I will 'phone Virgin again this morning, and hopefully get through to Retentions, I really hope they will help me, and as far as the emails go, I do understand there is not a lot we can do about them, as you say Vircom, we just have to keep vigilant.

I hope I can come back with some good news later in the day.

Again, many many thanks for your help and support.

(Hugs))

Barbara.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Yeah !!!!!! it worked.Smiley Happyd

Thank you so so much for your help and advice..  I telephoned Virgin this morning and got through to Retentions, the man was so helpful, I said this was my last 'phone call to them ) and I now have a new 12 month contract at a price I just about manage.

I am so glad I did not have to go to Sky as I have been with virgin for such a long time.

Huge hugs and thanks again.

Barbara xx