Menu
Hamster79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pre-installation change and unacceptable delay

Hello, I am a new customer and am trying to contact Virgin regarding my new install.

When I placed the order I said that I will be connected on the 15th June but now I have got an email to say it won't be until 2nd July! The email also states that an engineer will be coming out to do the install but I do not need an engineer, I just need the kit. How do I amend this on the order?The current broadboad is due to be cut off in a week. I cannot home school two children and work from home without internet!I've been holding on the phone to Virgin for over 15 minutes.Thank you.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre-installation change and unacceptable delay

There are some instances where a self-install is not possible.

Even with the correct kit it may be that the area you are in has gone through a periodic cabinet "clean up". This means that all addresses not currently using the network are physically disconnected in the street cabinet. The engineer will then be required to reconnect the property to a suitable "tap" that gives the correct signal levels & test, as the tap previously used for the property may now be occupied.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hamster79
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre-installation change and unacceptable delay

Hi there, thank you for your response.

I did manage to speak to Virgin. They said that they have now changed my installation (& scheduled an engineer) date to the 5th June but then I have received an email to say the 2nd July. I am super confused and getting pretty cheesed off. I've never used Virgin before and I am regretting having to use them but they are the only provider in my area that can provide the internet speed I need. 

0 Kudos