Menu
Reply
LittleMick73
  • 5.04K
  • 520
  • 866
Superstar
208 Views
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Possible Overheating

Hi all, my V6 box connected to a hub 3 with ethernet keeps displaying the green warning on the V6 that the Internet connection has disconnected, my hub is working okay and supplying other devices, I'm thinking perhaps over a long time dust has built up and causing overheating, the box is in the open with no heat sources near it and well ventilated, maybe time for engineer to clean or replace. All help and suggestions welcome. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
Reply
newapollo
  • 6.51K
  • 1.02K
  • 1.61K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
189 Views
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Overheating

Hi Micky,

I would try either a different known working ethernet cable, or if possible a wifi connection and see how it goes.

As a point of interest does the EPG populate correctly, and does the error occur on any particular apps/on demand?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali


I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks


0 Kudos
Reply
japitts
  • 12.23K
  • 1.7K
  • 2.64K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
185 Views
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Overheating


@LittleMick73 wrote:

Hi all, my V6 box connected to a hub 3 with ethernet keeps displaying the green warning on the V6 that the Internet connection has disconnected, my hub is working okay and supplying other devices,


Have you proven the Ethernet cable & specific port on your hub, as working with other devices?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Reply
LittleMick73
  • 5.04K
  • 520
  • 866
Superstar
181 Views
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Overheating


@newapollo wrote:

Hi Micky,

I would try either a different known working ethernet cable, or if possible a wifi connection and see how it goes.

As a point of interest does the EPG populate correctly, and does the error occur on any particular apps/on demand?


On demand and the apps which all rely on the Internet stopped working, the epg was okay at the time but would have disappeared had I not rebooted the box.

0 Kudos
Reply
LittleMick73
  • 5.04K
  • 520
  • 866
Superstar
178 Views
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Overheating


@japitts wrote:

@LittleMick73 wrote:

Hi all, my V6 box connected to a hub 3 with ethernet keeps displaying the green warning on the V6 that the Internet connection has disconnected, my hub is working okay and supplying other devices,


Have you proven the Ethernet cable & specific port on your hub, as working with other devices?


Hi, yes the ethernet is fine and all ports are too

0 Kudos
Reply
japitts
  • 12.23K
  • 1.7K
  • 2.64K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
166 Views
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Overheating

In that case, disconnect the Ethernet from the back of the V6 to enable the WiFi - connect using that for now, to at least get your box updated with all the "internet"-based stuff that is missing.

Once completed, plug the Ethernet back in and see what happens.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Reply
LittleMick73
  • 5.04K
  • 520
  • 866
Superstar
160 Views
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Possible Overheating


@japitts wrote:

In that case, disconnect the Ethernet from the back of the V6 to enable the WiFi - connect using that for now, to at least get your box updated with all the "internet"-based stuff that is missing.

Once completed, plug the Ethernet back in and see what happens.


Thanks very much will do that. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
Reply