Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Poor tv quality

I’m just starting to watch massive engineering mistakes which was recorded on my v6 box and the first few minutes are all blocky and unwatchable and it has also been the same with other discovery HD recordings. Is there a signal issue to my house. 

Any help very much appreciated 

darren 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor tv quality

Hi covkid69, thanks for your post.

Sorry for the trouble you've had with the picture quality of recordings. 

Have you been able to check for related known issues on our service status page: virg.in/service? If you sign in from there you can also run tests on your equipment which may offer a solution. 

If there's nothing communicated that could be causing the problem don't hesitate to let us know so we can take a further look.

Alternatively you can text our cable-care team on 07533051809 (Mon - Sat 8am - 8pm) or give us a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111.

Tom_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ve ran the tests and nothing appears to be wrong but the poor quality recordings seems to still be an issues.

seems to be mostly discovery hd that glitches 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is this happening just on recordings, or is live TV affected too? If it's just recordings then you could be looking at a disk problem, but if it's affecting live TV then it's more likely to be a signal fault.

Ultimately the best way to get such faults diagnosed and rectified is to call faults-CS and they can progress it immediately (fault tech visit is likely), or the forum team will probably wade in after a few more days.

Just as an "in the meantime", do you have any problems with Eurosport 1 HD (521), BBC Scotland HD (162 in England), Lifetime HD (208) or History HD (270)? According to DBR, these are carried on the same frequency as Discovery HD so logically would also be affected by a signal issue there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To be honest I rarely watch live tv as I prefer to record stuff so I can fast forward past the adverts etc. 

Will have to try watching those channels you mentioned and see how they are. 

Surely if it was a hdd issue it would affect other recordings as well when at the min it seems just to be discovery. 

Cheers for your help 

0 Kudos