Menu
oakesey10
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor signal on some channels mainly HD sport

Hi,

Have a flickering problem on a lot of channels, sometimes changes which channels. Eventually it goes blank and I get the W02 code.

I have tried all the suggested ideas, reset, unplug check cable etc. I haven't moved any cables and this ha started all of a sudden.

Please can anyone help or do I need a call out?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor signal on some channels mainly HD sport

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Also try changing HDMI ports.

Sign into Check Service status at the top of this page. It shows any local faults, but more importantly you can also run a test against the V6 box.

By doing this VM should be able to try and connect to your box and determine what  the problem is. Sometimes this results in them sending out a replacement and/or engineer, which saves a phone call.

If this doesn't help, since you've been  following the online advice for error W02, then you need to do as it suggests and call VM 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

You will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
oakesey10
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks alot mate, will give this a try when I get back.

Will try that link you sent too and report back!

Cheers

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

W02 is a classic "loss of signal" error, and so the advice I tend to give to all pixellation queries is appropriate...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos