cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer CARE…

WayWay
On our wavelength

Trouble with V6. I am customer of over 25th so tried every ‘fix’ but after 8th attempt of advised ‘fix’ and waiting up to 2hrs box will not boot up. Rang for help 1. Call one I was told my password was incorrect (!) and my bank sort code incorrect (!). Would not help me even though I knew both security details were correct 2. Call two used SAME security details with no problem (!)  and eventually the guy created a ticket for me to get an engineer, tomorrow 3. Tech guy rang to troubleshoot and book engineer… explained we were disabled household and hubbie needs to watch recorded series in a day or two due to brain  injury/ memory issues and he laughed. It really isn’t funny. He says we will likely need a new V6 box and will lose all recordings. We have lived with pixelation and broadband ‘dropping out daily’ for most of our 25 years with Virgin. We accept it as ‘normal’. We pay our bill without fail every month. But things keep going wrong, engineers seem as frustrated as we are and Customer Care simply doesn’t care. I can’t list our  history of issues here as it is so long. You may think ‘well she’s got an engineer coming tomorrow’ but this has happened so many times then they get 1. Cancelled by Virgin 2. Arrive with wrong job sheet 3. Arrive with no spare box 4. Install a faulty box 5. Install with wrong cables/ fittings 6. Dig up garden twice… Forgive me if I am anxious… after so long shielding, self isolating, fending for ourselves and asking little of anyone can Virgin just attempt to care????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellation on live TV is usually the sign of a signal fault, it's not "normal" for any digital-TV install. Broadband dropping out could be caused by the same.

If your V6 won't bootup, then it has a fault - and there's a good chance your box could end up getting replaced. I'm afraid it's standard practice that recordings are lost with STB replacements.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellation on live TV is usually the sign of a signal fault, it's not "normal" for any digital-TV install. Broadband dropping out could be caused by the same.

If your V6 won't bootup, then it has a fault - and there's a good chance your box could end up getting replaced. I'm afraid it's standard practice that recordings are lost with STB replacements.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @WayWay and I' terribly sorry to hear of the issues with the set top box, and the poor customer experience you faced when dealing with our team

If you check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, I'll drop you a private message and we can discuss this further with you in a private arena

Kindest regards,

David_Bn