cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Sound Quality BT Sport Ultimate 4k Rubgy Union

monkey-man
On our wavelength

I cannot watch rugby union on BT Sport Ultimate 4k because the sound quality is so poor. The background/crowd noise is much too loud and the commentary is too quiet - like the settings have been revered. They also sound a little muffled to me, but switching to the HD channel gives the expected sound quality?

I've only tried it on rugby union on BT Sport Ultimate 4k, but it has been going on for ages, surely it should be easy to fix?

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the TiVo forum, but this box doesn't support 4K.

I suspect you have a V6 - please check on https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks japitts, looks like it's been moved to the correct forum, apologies

[MOD EDIT: original thread moved to correct forum. Duplicated removed]

Hey monkey-man, thanks for the posts and for reaching our to the community regarding the issues with your TV box.

We're sorry to hear the quality on BT Sports Ultimate 4K channel is so poor, we're eager to best assist with this.

Could you please confirm if you've managed to run the online checks as suggested above by japitts?

On our end we've found no issues on the local network affecting the channel broadcasting although there's an issue with catch up and on demand due to be fixed tomorrow around noon.

This does not explain the problem on your V6 though, could you please advise how things look today and if you're still experiencing trouble with BT Sports 4K or any other live channels?

Chris. 

ozsat
Superstar

What is your 'audio output' setting set to on the V6 - and how are you listening to the programmes?

@monkey-man wrote:

I cannot watch rugby union on BT Sport Ultimate 4k because the sound quality is so poor. The background/crowd noise is much too loud and the commentary is too quiet - like the settings have been revered. They also sound a little muffled to me, but switching to the HD channel gives the expected sound quality?

I've only tried it on rugby union on BT Sport Ultimate 4k, but it has been going on for ages, surely it should be easy to fix?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Not at home to try it today, not until later. I only ever watch rugby on BT Sports Ultimate, so it maybe it's just their broadcasts? But it has been consistently unwatchable on 4K... odd as the HD sound is fine.

monkey-man
On our wavelength

ozsat, as mentioned sound is generally OK, stereo from V6 via HDMI to Samsung TV. Same rugby on HD chanel has normal sound but 4K is muddled 'undewater' like.

If you are watching on a tv - your audio output should be set to 'dolby digital to pcm'.   The ATMOS signal may be causing the issue

@monkey-man wrote:

ozsat, as mentioned sound is generally OK, stereo from V6 via HDMI to Samsung TV. Same rugby on HD chanel has normal sound but 4K is muddled 'undewater' like.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

monkey-man
On our wavelength

Thanks ozsat, I did not know about this setting and it was set incorrectly. I have changed the audio output to 'dolby digital to pcm' and checked BT Sports Ultimate playing some live football last night and all seemed fine. So hopefully that change has fixed it, but I will check on the weekend with the live rugby on BT Sports Ultimate... I will advise in due course...

monkey-man
On our wavelength

Just to say I watched the live rugby on BT Sports Ultimate and the sound quality was as expected. Thanks to ozsat for the advice to change the audio output to 'dolby digital to pcm' which worked for me.

Thanks again to everyone that helped.