Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor Picture Quality

Hello, I’ve just had virgin TV installed and the picture quality is very disappointing.

Even terrestrial channels in HD through the TiVo box are not as good quality as just having a normal digital TV aerial. 

BT Sports HD is ok but far from perfect.

Does anyone have any advice? My video output was auto set to 2160. I have changed this to All, and even tried setting to to 1080p only but it’s had no affect. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Picture Quality

Are you viewing on a HD TV, or a 4K UHD TV?

You may need to experiment with your upscaling settings here. Say you're watching an SD channel on a 4K UHD TV, then you have 2 levels of upscaling, and many people report success by the V6 outputting at 1080 and the TV doing the rest - but SD at 2160 is going to have poor results sooner or later,...

VM's HD pictures should be at least a match for other platforms, so something's not right here. Have you tried another HDMI cable or slot on your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD Picture Quality

How is that helpful, in any way?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD Picture Quality

@Mfarley01 

You'd added a comment to a 6+ month old thread. so I've merged it with your existing query,

How did you get on with my previous suggestions? There's plenty of people on here who might be able to help if you give some further details.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos