Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Poor Picture Quality & Pixelation on Tivo V6

I recently got the V6 box and finding that the picture quality is extremely poor compared to any other app. I have a new Toshiba 55in 4k HDR TV and have tried all the various video output settings within the V6 box and my TV and had no luck with the picture quality. Some channels are so bad its not even worth watching. Even HD channels aren't as clear as they should be. This is super frustrating

Anyone got any ideas or can Virgin send an engineer out? I'd like to know ASAP so that I can cancel my contract if the pictures are going to remain rubbish!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Picture Quality & Pixelation on Tivo V6

I am no expert in this area as I dont have a 4K TV.  Lots of people do of course and have no problem connecting it to the V6.  But a few people have reported issues that are due to poor quality HDMI cable or HDMI switch.  Have you tried changing cables and HDMI ports on the TV and not using a "switch" if you have one.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have swapped the HDMI cable that came with the box and I still get the same result. My TIVO box is also connected directly to my hub via ethernet cable, no switch in between. Any other ideas? I've had this TV for quite some time and have never presented such poor picture quality except for the Virgin box
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@knightfemi wrote:
Yes I have swapped the HDMI cable that came with the box and I still get the same result. My TIVO box is also connected directly to my hub via ethernet cable, no switch in between. Any other ideas? I've had this TV for quite some time and have never presented such poor picture quality except for the Virgin box

Others have reported that their pixellation issues were due to signal level problems

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Bad-pixelation-on-some-hd-channels/td-p/3816550

Will require calling VM !

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll give them a call

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

@knightfemi wrote:

Others have reported that their pixellation issues were due to signal level problems

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Bad-pixelation-on-some-hd-channels/td-p/3816550

Will require calling VM !

Thanks i'll call them

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi knightfemi,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with your picture.

I've located your account and I can see you've had a technician out recently to fix this for you. How has it been since the appointment. Is everything working okay now?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Josh_RW wrote:

Hi knightfemi,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with your picture.

I've located your account and I can see you've had a technician out recently to fix this for you. How has it been since the appointment. Is everything working okay now?

Speak soon

Josh

Hi Josh,

After the engineer visit, it hasn't made much difference to the picture quality, the engineer didn't think it would as well. It is so frustrating that the box doesn't deliver quality pictures as compared to my former sky box. What other options do I have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi knightfemi,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Is the issue just with the picture quality or do you still have pixelation issues too?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Josh_RW wrote:

Hi knightfemi,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Is the issue just with the picture quality or do you still have pixelation issues too?

Speak soon

Josh

The picture quality is extremely poor, for someone with a bad eyesight, it causes me headaches.

0 Kudos