Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please HELP

cheetah
Dialled in

I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING THE INFORMATION BELOW HAS ASKED 

How to fix distorted or pixelated TV

If you’re seeing a distorted or pixelated image on your TV, a common reason is that the cables connecting your TV to your services have become loose. Here’s the best way to tighten them up.

1. First, turn your TV box off at the wall.

2. Make sure your TV is in standby mode.

3. Check all cables are tightly connected between the back of the box and your TV. Make sure any HDMI or SCART cabling is also tightly connected. Also, make sure the white cable from the back of your TV box to the wall socket is tightly connected too. You should only need to tighten these with your fingers.

4. Now turn on the TV box at the wall and wait 5-10 minutes for the box to reboot.

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

There has been some strange things happening in our area Sm2  , we had loss of tv and internet for 8 hours  6 weeks ago which messed up our network settings and we have had 2 electricity surges lasting seconds which causes us to have to reset devices but the big mystery at the moment is we cannot connect our  wireless printer to the router we  have to use a USB cable from the printer to laptop 

The printer does not want to talk to the router and vice versa  yet the printer talks to our mobile`s 

But it does seem the virgin media customer support is not very good when we need help 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not quite sure what a printer/USB issue has to do with Virgin Media though.

Try posting the details in https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Tech-Chatter/bd-p/Computers

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

cheetah
Dialled in

This is our TV  we have been  this tv for 4 days where is Virgin Media to fix ??? we are so fed up we checked all the cables in doors switched off and switched on to the point we are going crazy .. This cable business is outside not indoors go and check  VIRGIN MEDIA BIG BOYS 

Fed up this is the tv for 4 days thank youFed up this is the tv for 4 days thank you

20221103_223047.jpg20221103_223242.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Rather than creating another new thread for the same issue (which has now been merged), have you followed the advice in post#2 above?

Creating additional threads for the same fault won't make any difference and is against forum guidelines.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like a noise ingress problem to me, either on your line or on the local network. I assume you have reported it, as VM cannot remotely detect noise ingress on the downstream side.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

cheetah
Dialled in

We pay £108 a month for virgin media services and have done  for 16 years and this is what we have at the moment 20221103_231120.jpg20221103_231118.jpg

Friendly reminder to please refrain from creating multiple posts of the same issue or spam posting. We also ask that our forum space remain a place where we can all positively support each other. We have escalated this post so that a member of the Forum Team and assist directly.

If anyone has any further questions, please review our Forum Guidelines.

Thanks,