Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Player TV Bundle - Missing Channels

My daughter has informed me that there are channels missing (greyed out in TV Guide) that are shown in the list of channels that I should be receiving, in particulat GOLD and GOLD +1, Alibi, Alibi + 1, Alibi HD.  Looks like the programmes shown on these channels are right up my street too.  Tried telephoning today, but appreciate that owing to the ongoing virus problem,things are difficult and call not answered.  I don't want to ring again but if someone here picks up this message and can help I would be grateful.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Player TV Bundle - Missing Channels

HI ALH,

Gold  HD isn't available on the Player bundle, there isn't an SD version. The Gold +1  channel also isn't available on the Player bundle. Neither are Alibi SD, Alibi HD or Alibi +1

Here's a link to the latest  ChannelGuide_October_2020   The channels on the Player package are shown in column 1. If the channel has a tick next to it in column 1 then it's available on the Player package.

That's an old discontinued package, you are probably well out of contract and would benefit from speaking to the regrades team to change your package and probably pay less per month. Best time to call is first thing on a morning, 8am, when lines first open and are least busy.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your quick reply.  

When I sign in and check 'My Package' and then 'View Channels'  the ones I quoted are indeed there.  There must be some sort of glitch in the system.  No problem, it's not a big deal.  

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is the list I was referring to:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/channels/existing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again ALH,

That's a link to an old page from the Christmas period last year.

Mary Poppins Returns which is advertised there had it's UK TV premiere on Christmas Day  as shown on the screenshot further down the page.

The channel packages listed are all old ones which have been withdrawn from sale (Player, Mix, Full House and VIP) It looks like VM removed some of the channels from those packages to try and push customers onto the newer ones.

The updated page link only shows the newer packages, not the discontinued ones.  https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/channels 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That would have likely aligned to the UKTV freeviews that Player got at Christmas - and which included Gold HD:

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/new-uktv-channels-player-package

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK - didn't spot that.  🙂

0 Kudos