Menu
Pagecrawler
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pixilation

For about a week now we’ve been experiencing quite a lot of pixilation. It only seems to happen after 9.00 pm  It isn’t continuous but when it comes it’s extensive and makes it almost impossible to watch although it doesn’t affect the sound as much as the picture. Any help would be appreciated Thanks 

CA027439-7B03-4833-81AC-DC7E724FBBEF.jpeg

4914238E-4E4F-4661-9B95-BC2BAEF1AFE5.jpeg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixilation

This can occasionally be caused by a box issue which a reboot will solve.

Assuming you've tried that, pixellation is nearly always the result of poor digital signal. Either a box fault, or a problem with your cabling somewhere. It will need Virgin to intervene, either by checking your external cabling or replacing your box.

Call VM and report it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Pagecrawler
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for the reply. I don’t know if it’s the magic of leaving a message on here or something else but for the first time in a week tonight there was no pixilation Fingers crossed the problem is fixed 🤞🤞
0 Kudos
Pagecrawler
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was wrong The pixelation has returned. It still seems to be after 9.00pm and is not quite as bad as it was. It seems like it disappeared when we had colder rainy weather then returned when we had sunshine all day
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'd recommend calling into C/S and getting that reported then.

It's either going to be a box-swap or an external cabling fault. If the symptoms are that much worse in certain weather conditions, it would tend to suggest external or street cabinet and probably not a box issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Pagecrawler

Thanks for popping along - I am sorry that you've been having some issues with the picture quality recently; certainly not what we expect to see!

I have been able to locate your account from your forum information to try and take a closer look at your box and services - however currently it is advising that the box may be switched off, on standby or in Low Power Mode; as such, I'm unable to run any checks. 

When you have a moment, please can you ensure that the box is switched on for me and not on standby and we can take a closer look for you. 

I can advise that at the time of writing, we have no known area issues listed. I understand that it tends to happen in the evening - could you let us know if this is on all channels or any specific ones? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Pagecrawler
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Just got in from work and saw your reply Thanks very much Yes the box is turned off/in standby during the day but I have now turned it on for you Hope this helps  If the picture pixilates again tonight I'll try and run through the channels and see which ones are/are not affected Thanks again 

0 Kudos
Pagecrawler
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely no pixelation tonight and it’s been raining again I’ll leave the box turned on when I go to work tomorrow but I assume it will eventually turn itself off to standby. I’ll turn it back on when I get home about 4.45
0 Kudos
Pagecrawler
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No pixelation again tonight. And no rain. 🤞🤞Fingers crossed that might be the end of it. Thanks
0 Kudos