Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixilation

I am persistently getting pixilation on tv from Virgin . The automated tools say there’s no problem with my service. It mostly happens at night and on higher numbered channels. As Virgin ‘service’ is only in business (daylight) hours reporting it is problematic! Need to look into alternatives to Virgin! Not good enough.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixilation

Hi Q57uk,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear you're experiencing pixelation issues.

Are you still having problems since you last posted? 

If so, are you experiencing pixelation issues on just live tv or is it affecting recorded programmes also?

Can you check that all your cables are snug in your box?

Also just in case please make sure there's no dust on your box and that there is plenty of ventilation around the box.

Look forward to your reply.

Regards

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is not due to loose cables and the box is well ventilated.  It affects both live TV and recorded programmes.  The problem is intermittent:  it'll be there for days and then will disappear.  It may be a red herring, but it appears to be more prevalent in the evening and also on certain channels.  Since posting my 'complaint' I lost service completely (TV and internet) for most of a day.  The two may be unrelated, but since service was restored - there haven't been pixilation problems:  so the pixilation my have been a symptom of a bigger problem with Virgin service in my area.  Worth noting that this is not the first time this problem has been experienced - including a full loss of service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Q57uk wrote:

I am persistently getting pixilation on tv from Virgin . The automated tools say there’s no problem with my service. It mostly happens at night and on higher numbered channels. As Virgin ‘service’ is only in business (daylight) hours reporting it is problematic! Need to look into alternatives to Virgin! Not good enough.

I'm pretty sure Virgin faults are open until midnight to call in. And although the automated tools may say there's no problem, there should then be an option to speak to an agent where you can say "I have a problem" - if you can call in when the problem is happening, then all the better!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Q57uk
I have looked at a few things from our side 
You will need engineer to come out and take a look at things
I Will need to send you a private message to pass security first though 
If you are happy to go ahead with this just check the purple envelope top right of your screen 
Speak soon 
Gareth_L

0 Kudos