Menu
Spoof
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pixielation

Pixielated picture no longer acceptable. Have tried all suggested solutions and nothing is working. Seems to be a common issue. How long before any chance of getting it sorted? Ruining Euro games!!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixielation

What are the suggestions that you've tried - you've not said? Some of your comments suggest to me that you've not reported your fault - have you?

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

Check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tags (1)
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Spoof,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here about your TV pixelation issues. I'm really sorry to hear that this has affected your enjoyment of the Euros, so far. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see that the power levels to your box from the local distribution point are very low, this would need an engineer visit to resolve the issues.

I need for you to confirm a few details before I can arrange this for you, which I will ask for via a private message in a moment.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming your details @Spoof.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Spoof
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Steven,

Nathan, Your engineer came today, Tuesday 29th June and did a very thorough job, testing signal strength within the property which was in order. He replaced a corroded junction box outside. I am afraid to report that it is still the same? Can you please suggest what else might be causing the terrible picture problems we are experiencing. Your previous message suggested it was something to do within the street's distribution box?

I really do need it sorting.

Adrian Davis

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Without seeing the tech's notes, and/or being physically "hands and eyes" with the equipment, then the possibilities are numerous. Suffice to say that your installation could have multiple faults and only one has thus far been identified.

The forum team should pick this post up tomorrow, and can - if necessary - arrange another tech visit. At the very least they can re-run their remote checks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adrian (@Spoof),

I'm sorry that you're still having some issues, this is really disappointing to hear.

I've run a few more checks, and I can see that there are some power levels that are out of spec with your TV services. I'm going to book another technician visit for you now, I'll confirm the details with you via a Private Message.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos