Menu
Jimsutton
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pixeltion & Picture Beak-Up yet again!

This has been getting worse over the last few days. It is happening on BBC1 HD, BBC2 HD, ITV1 HD, Paramount HD. It was occasional but is now getting more frequent. I have done the usual cable checks and restarted my box. I have also checked that the signal strengths are ok and they are all 100% for each tuner. I am in Area 03. I am  convinced that this is an area problem and not my equipment.

Val_evans
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixeltion & Picture Beak-Up yet again!

I'm I  Cambridgeshire and have been getting pixelation for about a week. Today is really bad.  I've run the scan using the website and apparently there isn't a problem. I've checked my connection, cables, position as directed. Oh and my tv is 8 months old. 

I really wont be impressed if I miss the LFC v Norwich match tonight. Please Virgin  sort out this problem. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jimsutton,

Thank you for your post. We are very sorry to hear you have been experiencing this ongoing pixelation issue, have you only noticed the issue on HD channels or have there been any issues with any other SD channels in particular? Also, when you say this seems to be increasing, have you noticed any correlation of times?

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Jimsutton
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louis,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I tend only to watch HD channels so I can't answer for SD channels. There seems to be a trend that the picture break up occurs more at tea-time between 5pm and 7:30pm lately. However there has been some improvement since Saturday last (10th). Also I have been watching a lot of Netflix and Amazon Prime via the the V6 and the picture has been excellent.

0 Kudos
heavysoul
Up to speed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've also got this blocking/pixelation issue again - along with loss of broadband.

Went through all this for a week or so last month.

I'm currently on hold to 150 - hoping to convince them it's an area/wider issue that they need to look at - especially as I've checked my local Facebook page and others have the same issue.

I have gone through the rebooting etc - so I'm not going through that pointless exercise again - assuming I actually get to speak with someone. One of my neighbours gave up after waiting 25 minutes to speak with someone. I'm currently at 13 minutes - unlucky me!!

Getting fed up of these continual issues!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jimsutton,

Our apologies for the delay, we are glad to hear you have noticed some improvements. Have there been any further changes from your post? Also how long would you say you have been experiencing the constant pixelation issue?

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
stevej47
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We have it in area 10 - Scotland.

0 Kudos
heavysoul
Up to speed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Our last network problem (loss of broadband and continual break up of picture) was fixed last Wednesday.

Since then we've seen the very occasional pixelation.

But... I've just say down to watch Sunday afternoon footy ... and the picture is breaking up all over the place again. Broadband OK at the moment - although what I've noticed over the last 6 weeks or so is that it's the TV picture that starts to go first and then as it gets worse, the broadband goes. 

These temporary fixes are not good enough. We need a permanent fix. Why does the problem keep coming back after it's been fixed???

Anyone from VM care to provide a sensible answer. 

PS.... and now the sound is just all over the place!! Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Val_evans
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The pixelated screen is mainly during the evening. Both HD and regular are affected.  When will this be sorted?

0 Kudos