Menu
grizzlyadams
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

I recently 'upgraded' to two V6 boxes, before I had one Tivo and one V6. Ever since I have had massive pixellation on BOTH my televisions. They pixellate at the same time and it makes programmes impossible to watch. I have reported it to Virgin who got me to unplug and then re plug in both boxes whilst checking all the connections. The lady said she would send some magic down the line to sort out the problem. She then said she had identified the issue and tested the boxes and that both boxes would now work properly. Stupidly I believed her and actually THANKED HER !!. No one I'm sure will be surprised to hear that nothing has changed. I still can't watch TV. The online fault reporting service does not work and when I telephoned Virgin I got a message that they were CLOSED (after waiting ages and working my way through their menus.) I am in my 14 day cooling off period from renewing my £99 per month subscription, the last thing this abysmal service does is cool me down. Looks like I will be researching Sky packages.   

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixellation

Hi you are right about the person on the phone, complete nonsense, pixalation is nearly always a signal level issue, which should have been detected during the call, as it requires an engineer to come to you adjust the levels between your box and the street cabinet.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon @grizzlyadams

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had this issue, this is far below the level of service that we aim to offer our customer. 

I would like to take a look into this for you, I am going to drop you a PM so that I can get some account specific information.

Kind regards, 

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
grizzlyadams
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Little Mick. I have gone through all the pain of calling Virgin again this morning. I asked for an engineer to be sent out but was told that I had to go through all the other things first. This time pulling out both HDMI cables from the two TVs and plugging them in to different slots. After this made no difference I told her that 18 months ago the engineer found a dodgy / rusty connection in the manhole along the road and this solved it for a while. She then agreed to send an engineer out tomorrow. 

Thanks for your interest and I will mention your point when I see the engineer. 

Grizzly

0 Kudos
grizzlyadams
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak_M
I have arranged for an engineer to come out tomorrow.
Thank you.
0 Kudos