Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

Morning,

We've had constant issues with pixellation since August 2018 when we had Virgin installed. The latest senior engineer attended our property 27th July 2019 and informed me that the signal level coming into our property is borderline on the acceptable signal level when he plugged his device into our cabling on the brown boxes. He mentioned that the lowest level on his device should be 34 and we had 33.8 and 35 - it should really be 40 to allow for any drops. There was supposed to be some works being carried out in our area and I was supposed to receive a call back but haven't heard anything. Anyway the TV has generally behaved until Saturday 17th when there must have been an issue with the signal levels dropping again in the area. I recorded the AJ untold truth programme and it pixellates a lot. I also had the darts on ITV and there was pixellation on this also. I'm pretty fed up of this now and would appreciate somebody from Virgin contacting me, otherwise I'll be raising a claim on Resolver. Its insulting that my price has gone up slightly when we still have these problems over a year since installation.

It is clear that works haven't been carried out or successfully in the area. The engineer said the cabling is spot on so it must be an area related issue.

Message me for account details and contact number if required.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation

I had the same problem last month. had a letter from Virgin saying they were doing some maintenence work in area. Since then its resolved.

One thing you might want to check is your connections between box, tv, and supply cable. I moved my box to do some dusting and it pixelated , when I moved it back i made sure all cables were secure and it stooped.

hope this helps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi IB2013

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you're having issues with our TV services. Is this on a single channel (I know you mentioned ITV), or is this affecting multiple channels?

We understand the frustration caused, especially when it is interrupting your viewing services.

Have you made sure all the cables are secure at the back of the box? Has a reboot of the TV box made any difference?

You can use our faults service status page here this allows you to run test and diagnostics on your equipment. Once you tried this and if you are still experiencing the issues, please come back to us so we can investigate this further for you.

Many thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi,

We've had numerous engineers out, all the cables have been checked, tightened, removed etc. and the boxes have not been moved. As I mentioned in my original post, the engineer who attended 27th July (I have his engineer number) confirmed all cabling is perfect. It happens intermittently on live HD channels - it may not happen for a week and then its sporadic. Either way its not good enough and is down to the signal levels coming into the house from the main box in our area a couple of streets away (not the one on our street).

Can somebody private message me for account details etc. and look into this properly as this has been going on for over 12 months.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us IB2013

I will pop you over a private message so we can look in to this for you, click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos