forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Crashers
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation on some channels, random times

Hi all

having joined Virgin last month i have been having constant problems with random pixellation. 5 weeks in and i am really getting frustrated with it and the lack of support on the Virgin site and by phone to help me resolve this!

I especially notice it on some Movie channels, C4, E4,TCM  and sometimes BBC and ITV..

I have followed advice on here and disconnected everything, reconnected and restarted.. the issue is still there. HDMI replaced in case that was a problem to no avail. My TV apps to Netflix, Prime , YouTube and Disney+ as well as t’internet work fine. Tried to get through to Virgin and i might have retired by the time i get through!

Do you think there is something i have missed or does it need an engineer to check it out?

Any advice appreciated.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixellation on some channels, random times

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

You've not mentioned whether these are HD or SD channels that you've got the problem with. The streaming & OnDemand services you mention are carried over the internet, and so wouldn't be affected by issues with your live TV signal.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Crashers
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on some channels, random times

Thanks for the response, i only use HD .. Area 31 don’t have any reported issues so I will persevere with calling them!  

0 Kudos