Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation on TV

Hi

It's not a big issue, but seems to be getting worse, I get occasional  pixellation on some of my TV channels, last night was Channel 4 for example. 

Want to try and sort it out before it becomes a real issue.

Any thoughts welcome. I've reset the box etc. I did just get a new router, not sure if that's relevant.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on TV

Pixellation tends to mean you have a fault with your TV signal, a reboot is a sensible precaution once, but if that's failed to resolve then the underlying fault needs resolving. And no, your TV channels aren't carried over the internet so your router doesn't get involved.

You can try checking for area faults on 0800 5610061, but if nothings' reported - then VM don't know about your issue and you're best reporting it.

150 from a VM landline, 0345 4541111 from any other phone, is the best way. VM staff respond on here, but it's currently taking upto a week.

In the meantime, and out of interest, is it C4-SD or C4-HD that's affected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! I'll give them a call.

It was 4HD, but it's been doing it on some of the ITV (non HD) channels too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Digital TV platforms carry channels in small clusters that don't always bear any resemblance to their EPG positions - signal issues will affect all channels on particular clusters.

4-HD is broadcast alongside C4-SD, C4+1 & ITV+1

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks