cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixellation issues

clairet001
Joining in

So 6 weeks of pixellation issues, 2 engineer visits, first one changed box checked all cables and said its probably a fault with your line coming into the house if it continues. We'll it has continued, an hour and 15 minutes later holding on the phone another engineer is booked. He turned up today, said its a national fault and gave me the fault code F010 763 089 and said it had been fixed, then left all of 2 minutes later. Well tonight guess what it still happens, pixellation across all live tv channels. So fault not fixed but still being charged for a service that is not of the standards expected. VM sort the problem or refund the cost of the TV until the issued is fixed 4 weeks is taking the proverbial, and while here your engineer passes a booklet with £50 if you recommend a friend, what a joke why would I recommend a service that I have to pay for that I cannot watch, and then when you complain get fobbed off we will send another engineer!!! Absolute rubbish virgin media 

15 REPLIES 15

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @clairet001 

What device are you using to access the forums?

If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

If you are on a mobile/tablet device then click on the little circle icon in the top right  and then select 'Messages'.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @clairet001 

I'm glad we completed the 3rd visit and have the notes from the technician about this.
They have left follow up actions which has been detailed in our private conversation.
Hopefully with the cable swap everything will be rectified.

Reach out to us if you have any other queries.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

clairet001
Joining in

Well vm having been told I need a new drop cable to the house from the exchange to fix my pixellating issues, which has been ongoing and from the last contact over a week ago will not be done to the 10th July, now the Internet seems to be dropping out 3 or 4 times an hour, and needing to reboot the router once an hour, is this linked ? I'm not sure as Internet worked fine, but having spent time speaking to your call centre who says it's fine, yes they are so helpful, this time the lady said she was sending a pod, that will definitely be the reason the router disconnects so much!! I am now without tv (pixellates) and no Internet continuity, even the app says there is not an issue in my area. **bleep** this is getting beyond a joke I need Internet as I work from home and now this is absolute shire as well as no tv, guess bt will be getting a call as you clearly don't give a dam 

Hi @clairet001 thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

As things stand, there aren't any area issues that could be causing these issues you're experiencing but ultimately, if you have an appointment in next week then it does mean we can't book another appointment any sooner so we do have to keep this one you have in place.

Rest assured, the team will do their best to resolve all issues that you have when they visit.

If you need anymore help in the meantime, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

clairet001
Joining in

Hi VM , just like to thank you after having pixellated tv and consistent Internet drop out you agreed to replace the drop cable to the house, the cable people arrived today, no actual problem with the line but our output reading which should be 1 to 10 was over 25 plus which would cause all the issues, we are then told there is a vm engineer replacing a whole ream of stuff in the cabinet which has been failing....3 engineer visits all said it was the cable, obviously not, there is a problem in the cabinet. So 8 weeks of no tv due to pixellation and problems with Internet dropping out all day may reach its conclusion today?? I await with bated breath, anyway vm private message me as I think we need to discuss why I am paying for a service I have not got and constantly had to organise my time around engineers who fobbed me off with a constant stream of bs for the last 8 weeks

Hi clairet001, 

Thank you for your post. I am very sorry to hear about the Tv service issues you've been having and the result of the engineers visits. 

I can appreciate you wanting to discuss this further. I will private message you to confirm your details. 

^Martin