Menu
Blyth4774
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation

We have been getting intermittent pixelation/interference for a couple.of months. This has gradually extended to more channels from BBC through to Sky channels, these are now unwatchable for most of the day. I have tried other hdmi cables, checked connections and rebooted the box. I have read other threads on this and followed suggested procedures within those answers with no results. 

I would be grateful for any update on why there seems to be similar problems relating to this since the start of COVID lock down and how and when the problems will be resolved.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelation

Hello Blythe4774,

Sorry to hear about the pixelation issue you're receiving when trying to watch TV. If you have more than one box, does the pixelation occur on all boxes or just one? Also I've tried looking at your TV background details but I'm unable to see anything, please turn your TV Box on so we can run some quick diagnostics for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Blyth4774
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa, both boxes have the same problem. Both are currently on as well.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure that both boxes are on? I can only see one TV box being on.Can you confirm what lights are showing on both your boxes too?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Blyth4774
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

The v6 box has a white light, watching the box right now.

Second box has 2 green lights, also watching that box.

Both are definitely switched on.

Thanks,

Marc

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that both boxes are on Marc. I can only see one and there are errors on it. Let me send you a Private Message as we'll need a tech to go out and take a look. Please reply to it so I can arrange this.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
jdoocey
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm having the same issues. When I did a test on the app it didn't my box was off .... it's not off. 

How did Virgin resolve this as many customers are facing this issue? Thanks

0 Kudos
Blyth4774
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We had a cable connection issue at the outside box. Our address was also linked to the wrong box so took the engineer a while to figure this out as the connection he was testing was coming through as OK, required a new cae from box to house in the end plus new connectors due to water damage.

0 Kudos