Menu
danny-win
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation or V53 error

Hi , on certain channels of the V6 box I get either a pixelated picture or a V53 error code, I have noted this specifically on ITV3, ITV3+1, and ID .

I have tried several reboots with no resolution.

Had an engineer out a few months ago for a similar issue and the issue seemed to be resolved but has not started again.

Any help appreciated, Regards Dan

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation or V53 error

Picture pixellation on live TV, if persisting after a reboot, is an indication of - usually - a signal fault.

Check for area faults on 0800 5610061, if nothing reported then either call into report it, or wait on here for staff to respond.

You'll likely need another tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi danny-win,

The help page for /virgin-tv-error-codes/v53  suggests there may be an issue or planned work in your area.

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If the above doesn't indicate any faults then please check your cabling and make sure it's all snug sand tight with no kinks.

You don't say if the channels you listed are HD or SD, however usually there are a group of channels that share the same mux.

Looking at the channel named ID if you  have issues with the following:-  Sony Movies Classic, Pick, Horror channel, FOX and Comedy Central

then you have a signal fault. Otherwise since you've done a few reboots then you may need a new box. Either way, if it's not a known fault you need to contact Faults.

call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
danny-win
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the responses.

These were all SD channels and all the channels mentioned apart from comedy central also had Pixelation when i checked them.

There were no faults showing in my area and the online system test report back as all fine, so as expected will be a call to report the issue.

Cheers Dan.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @danny-win,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you've been having these issues with your TV service recently. Did you manage to call and speak with the team about this since your posts, or do you still need our help with this today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
danny-win
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach, No I have not had chance to make the call yet so any help would be appreciated. Regards, Dan.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @danny-win

Thanks for popping back - I am sorry about the issues with your V6 box

I have located your account from your forum information and run through a few checks; we can see that there are some signal issues causing the V53 error and this would require a technician visit. 

To confirm we have the correct account, I just need to pop you a Private Message to confirm your address; please look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can so we can get someone booked out

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so  much for your Private Message last night @danny-win

I can confirm that a technician has been booked for you; you can check the date and time of the visit via your online account. If you need to change or cancel the timeslot, you can also do that via your online account

Please do let me know if you have any issues with viewing the timeslot or with the visit and we can assist further where needed

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos