Menu
Sandra46
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation on tv channels

Hey, I’m having issues with pixelation and channels being unwatchable. The pixelation is multicoloured and also affects the sound. Some channels that have it are Gold, ITV2+1, Sky1, SkyWitness, ItV3Gold+1, More4+1 and many others. I’ve done all the checks and changes that the website and phone advise and it’s still the same, one of the boxes upstairs also has the same issue but not as bad. I called but I was out through the automated line and it told me nothing was wrong and hung up. I’m sure the box downstairs has more pixelated channels then non pixalated, making it unwatchable, please help 😩

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelation on tv channels

Time for the standard answer to all queries re pixellation... (sorry)

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". If the automated system runs checks and hangs up on you, calling back immediately will often bypass those checks and achieve the desired outcome - the queue for an agent. Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sandra46
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on tv channels

Thanks for replying, I had seen your answer on a few other threads but just wanted to make sure before I made a fool of myself by calling. Anyway I called and they said there was a problem, sent an engineer out to find that my signal was sitting at -11, a new cable needs running from the box outside on my house to the connections box down the road as the one we have is the original brown cable that nynex put in 🙈 the team should be out today or tomorrow to do the job. Thanks again for your help 😊

0 Kudos