cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation on every channel v6 box

rocco1504
On our wavelength

Hi 

It seems that I now have pixelation on every channel on our v6 box, at 1st it was intermittent and was just about bearable, but yesterday it decided to make every channel unwatchable.

I know it's not the TV as we have Freeview and it's perfect on that, I've even tried using a brand new HDMI cable but nothing.

I did wonder if the box needs retuning but I'm not sure quite how to do it.

I've tried all the, check cables and unplug everything lark but nothing. 

We are in the CR6 area and I know that they've been doing work in the area, but I'm at my wits end with this tv lark with virgin and seriously thinking of dumping it after nearly 20 years. 

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @rocco1504 

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the reply, I tried the Service Status thing, which I actually tried yesterday, but today it says there's a problem with the TV, and the engineer is working on it, and should be back up by later today. So I left my phone number to get updates.

I did see a guy earlier today working on the new green box that was installed recently next to the exchange box on the side of the road just across the road from us so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it's a problem that's been going on for a while now..

I'll see what tomorrow brings, thanks again for the reply 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also check whether OnDemand is affected by the same issue. A signal fault, which is what causes pixellation on live TV, shouldn't affect VoD which is carried over the internet.

That will help prove the issue at least.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @rocco1504 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies on the delay in responding to your query. How is the service in your area now, has there been improvements with the pixilation issues that you had or do you still require assistance?

Please let us know. 

Sabrina

As I said in the previous message, I was waiting on whether it was going to get fixed, and luckily it seems to have been fixed.

Thing is, the pixelation problem with the TV has been going on for months, starting with split second interruptions initially going on to whole channels becoming temporarily unwatchable and then the whole thing going down a few days ago.

I don't understand why, if there's a problem, it's not picked up and dealt with straight off, even if it's only a minor issue,, why wait until it's a major problem before dealing with it.

Sorry for the bit of a rant but I've been with Virgin for over 18 years now and it's always been the same, bend over backwards for new customers and treat loyal ones like dirt; I mean I'm currently paying twice as much as a new customer would for less channels, and the thing is, I can watch almost everything I get on virgin for free on Freeview.

The only thing I can't fault them on is their broadband, it's very fast and does just about everything I need it to. 

Anyway, I'll stop gassing, but yes it appears to have been fixed, thank you, until the next time. 

Thanks to everyone for their input, it has been helpful. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@rocco1504 wrote:

I mean I'm currently paying twice as much as a new customer would for less channels, and the thing is, I can watch almost everything I get on virgin for free on Freeview.

This holds true if you're mainly watching the Freeview-PSB channels in which case you should consider base-tier Mixit.

VM is primarily a pay-TV provider and carry many channels which are not on Freeview.

On your point about faults not being picked up immediately, VM routinely monitor down to the streetcabs, but individual customer connections do rely on users reporting service faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

As japitts has alluded to, the network is monitored to a certain level but beyond that we rely on customers to make us aware if they're experiencing issues. Once raised the team will be happy to investigate and make any arrangements necessary.

Feel free to let us know here if you have any issues and we'll be happy to help.

Rob