cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation on Tivo V6 Box

Thestid
Joining in

I have 2 of these boxes in my property. the lounge box functions just fine; diagnostics page in Help show tuners RF signal strength at 98-100%.

The second box which was fitted around 2 years ago and has, for a while now, been pixelating on all channels and so badly on some that they are entirely unwatchable. The diagnostics page shows that the tuner RF signals are only showing strength of around 70-75%.

I've been through all the usual checks for connections/re-booting etc but as one is working just fine, it is most likely the cableing or the box itself.

That said, There is quite a long cable run from the grey box at the front of the property to the rear bedroom that this box is situated. Maybe there is a RF signal booster available that would help? 

The only reason this has now become an issue is that I have an elderly relative staying on a regular basis.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellation on live TV is usually indicative of a signal fault, but if only one of your boxes is affected - that rules out an external fault.

Try swapping the two boxes around, see if the fault follows the box move or remains with the cabling. That way, VM know which bit of kit to replace after you report the fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellation on live TV is usually indicative of a signal fault, but if only one of your boxes is affected - that rules out an external fault.

Try swapping the two boxes around, see if the fault follows the box move or remains with the cabling. That way, VM know which bit of kit to replace after you report the fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thestid
Joining in

Thanks for the advice; did what you suggested and brought the Bedroom box down to the lounge and it operates normally (all RF signals at 100% and no pixellating) so that would point to the feed to the box. I would assume the VM engineers have the required tools to workout what part of that link is faulty?

Hey Thestid,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TIVO box at the moment. I can see that you have been able to arrange a technician visit to get the issues looked into.

I hope that they can get the issues resolved for you and yes they will have the correct tools to work out the issues and how to resolve them.

Please let us know how the visit goes?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L