Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation on TiVo

A lot of the channels on my TiVo have now become so bad I can’t even watch them anymore. Some of the channels like CBeebies which my son loves are unwatchable now due to bad image. They will work fine for a few seconds at a time and then be interrupted by square pixels. It’s been happening for a while now but it’s just getting worse. 

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on TiVo

Hi this is usually a signal level issue, you need to phone go down the TV faults route they can check the levels while you are on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to adjust the levels between your box and the street cabinet. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on TiVo

As a quick test, if you can check any of the following channels...

Sky Sports Mix HD, TJC HD, Sky Sports Arena HD, CBBC HD, BBC4 HD, Sky Sports Golf HD, Sky Arts HD...

are all carried on the same VM broadcast frequency as CBeebies HD - a signal fault on one, would affect them all.

Then as micky says, pixellation is caused by poor signal which is caused by a fault. So the fix is to report the fault, the chances are it's only affecting you and so Virgin don't realise you have a problem. 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I need a visit from an engineer.

I need a visit from an engineer, most of our channels on TiVo are now unwatchable due to pixelation. Random strips and patches of pixelation are completely ruining most of the channels, particularly the HD channels. Some channels are fine and others are almost constantly pixelated. What ever the problem is it’s getting worse and worse. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need a visit from an engineer.

Call it in at 08.00 - its the best time to get through with no waits.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos