Menu
LisaGG
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation on Sky Sports News and Sky Sports Mix on second box

Started having pixelation issues on our second vrgin box on Sky Sports News and Sky Sports Mix.  Works fine on our other virgin box, just the second one that's having problems.  Does this need an engineer to come out?  We have tried restarting the box but hasn't helped.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on Sky Sports News and Sky Sports Mix on second box

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it

You've not said if these are the SD or HD channels, but if you have 2 boxes and only one is affected, then the fault is either the box or your internal cabling. Swapping the boxes around will prove that either way.

Once you know whether the fault follows the box-swap (proving a box fault) or remains with the location (proving a cabling issue), then you can report it.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on Sky Sports News and Sky Sports Mix on second box

Hi @LisaGG

Welcome back to our Community Help Forums 🙂

Thank you for your post regarding the pixelation issues you are experiencing on your second TV box. I have run through some diagnostics and can confirm that there is a signal fault with your TV service.

I have scheduled an engineer visit for you on 29th April to get this resolved. To check the time slot of your engineer visit, please log into your account here you can also reschedule it from here if this is not a convenient time for you.

Please let me know how your TV box is working after the engineer has visited!

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos