Menu
Khushnood
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation issues tv

I am posting this as have been getting huge pixelation fault on the tv service. Affecting nearly all channels. Worse on hdtv channels. Doesn’t improve by resetting the box or switching the cables or swapping the box with the extra one. No fix on website. The test function recognises there is a problem but the fixes advised are useless. Just want this issue dealt with. Also as covid lockdown I understand there may be issues with getting engineer out. In this circumstance I would like a refund of the loss of service this month. If it continues then the refund should be extended. Never had this issue with previous provider. 

0 Kudos
Paul_86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelation issues tv

Good morning 🙂 

I could take a look into this for you, can you DM me your account number and area ref number? 

I can then run diagnostics to see if there are any faults visible. 

Look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks

Paul (78450)

Field technician Guildford region

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

ANT5
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I have had exactly the same issues with moderate to very bad picture breakup . This has been going on for the last 3 to 4weeks ironically coinciding with virus lockdown. I have re booted the box, checked all connections (tightening with a spanner to make sure) and even changed the HD cables as suggested on the virgin media website. This does sometimes work for a short period then the pixellations return!!

I have also made sure that the box has been well ventilated (noting this from a previous post) but this does not make any difference either.

Can someone please get back to me with some remedy to this very annoying problem - I am paying for a service that has clearly not been working properly for too long.

0 Kudos
Khushnood
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. The virgin team sent someone out. They said they did some changes at the box on the street and so far the pixelation issue seems 99% better. Last night I had a momentary blur on an on demand tv show but it cleared. Internet seems to occasionally drop out altogether then come back in minutes. I think they are still due to come back and do more changes. Get in touch with someone on the chat function as the cal centre seems closed or v minimally staffed. 

0 Kudos