Menu
Highlighted
El_Defensor
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation blamed on customers

The issue of HD (mainly) channel pixelation has plagued many customers for months, myself included. The work carried out by VM is documented elsewhere on this forum but here comes the crunch.

VM say they have exhausted all avenues [all except one I say] and they will not be sending any more engineers because the problem is my fault !!

That's right, they say, & this is a direct quote, "it's the things behind your TV" causing the problems.

They haven't said what things or how those things are affecting the picture, just that there's nothing wrong with their network.

So if anyone out there has a DVD player, or in fact anything, attached to their TV be prepared for VM to disown responsibility for pixelation problems.

Ludicrous as it sounds they actually expect us to believe that load of tosh!

Oh, & the one avenue they haven't explored, the obvious one, a network fault affecting customers right across the land.

Needless to say I'm no longer banging against the brick wall that is VM, I'm leaving that to CISAS from now on.

cisas-logo-800x330.png

Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation blamed on customers

Hello El_Defensor

Thank you for your post.

We apologise for any disappointment with the service you have received from us.

We assume that you have had a complaint in progress with us? 

We are sorry if we haven't been able to reach a resolution. If this is the case you may have received instructions from us in taking your complaint to an independent adjudicator.

Our apologies once again if our service has failed to reach your expectations. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
El_Defensor
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

More than 2 months on from complaining Virgin Media, only today, wrote to me saying they're looking into it, but I could always take the matter to CISAS if I wished.

Why on earth employee such imbeciles...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We are sorry about this @El_Defensor - it sounds like this is our automated letter that is sent after the complaint has been opened 8 weeks. 

Have you received your deadlock letter as yet? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
El_Defensor
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You mean a letter is automatically generated, printed, placed into an envelope & posted all without any human intervention?
No, I thought not. Some idiot must be involved at some stage.

To highlight just how far out of touch you are... CISAS are currently adjudicating on the complaint!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update - it sounds like you did get your deadlock letter if you have taken it to CISAS. 

If you in anyway responded to the deadlock or contacted us via email or webform after the deadlock was processed, this would be logged as a brand new complaint. In regard to the automatic letter - yes; this is done automatically once a complaint reaches 8 weeks. It is generated from the length of the complaint and is not in any relation to the content of the complaint. Sorry for any confusion. 

As your initial complaint is now with CISAS, please continue with their process - we would not be able to engage further. 

Thank you 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
El_Defensor
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Having made my position very clear I had no further contact with VM regarding this complaint, since CISAS became involved. So that excludes any chance of a new compliant.

Regarding your automatic letter. NO, it's not done without human intervention, so some idiot has allowed/caused it.

I never required you to "engage" here, my post was simply to show others just how incompetent VM are!
0 Kudos
El_Defensor
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Now you send this...

Untitled-1.jpg

STUPIDITY ABOUNDS at VIRGIN MEDIA!!

0 Kudos