Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation ~ Recordings & Live TV

Recently my recordings have been affected by part of the picture starting to pixelate/freeze.

Last night this was the exact same for Live TV. I attempted a reboot of the box but that did not stop the fault. The picture normally is excellent. I've read other posts referring to signal issues or failing HDD within the box.

Please can someone assist.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation ~ Recordings & Live TV

Hi jam1991, thanks for your post.

Sorry for the trouble you've had with the TV service. 

Have you been able to check for related known issues on our service status page?

If you sign in from there you can also run tests on your equipment which may offer a solution.

If there's nothing communicated that could be causing the problem don't hesitate to let us know so we can take a further look.

Alternatively you can text our cable-care team on 07533051809 (Mon - Sat 8am - 8pm) or give us a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111.

Please keep in touch.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tom,

Unfortunately the issue is still on-going, worse in fact.

The service status page does not show any issues, and the equipment test also reported no issues.

I have attempted to text the cable-care team, but have had no response.

Are you able to assist further please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting the same issues (area 31) - service status isn't reporting any faults.

The picture will freeze both on live and recordings, and then restart some time (indeterminate length) later. I've reset the V6 box on a number of occasions, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Can't get to speak to anyone (no-one answers!), and the 'tests' (that's a joke...) don't report an issue. Seems to have started following service issues (broadband/tv dropout) after the storms over the last 10 days, so I suspect there's still a service issue somewhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi could I surrgest you start your own thread rather than jump on someone else's regarding you issue.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Area reference 30 - Exact same symptoms, attempted to contact support via SMS again yesterday and was told transferring to tech support but no response.

I would really appreciate if someone could assist further ~ Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@RichardG11 wrote:

I'm getting the same issues (area 31) - service status isn't reporting any faults.

The picture will freeze both on live and recordings, and then restart some time (indeterminate length) later. I've reset the V6 box on a number of occasions, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Can't get to speak to anyone (no-one answers!), and the 'tests' (that's a joke...) don't report an issue. Seems to have started following service issues (broadband/tv dropout) after the storms over the last 10 days, so I suspect there's still a service issue somewhere.

I'm seeing the same issue, also in the 31 area, off Colchester (we're in Ipswich).  Intermittent.  Does the VM head end take 'off air' signals or is it a fibre back haul to the wholesale program provider?   Is this due to errors on my line or at the head end itself?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please can someone assist, currently going round in circles with Text SMS support.

I've performed all of the diagnostic tests as requested, but no further response regarding this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @jam1991

So sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your recordings and Live TV with the picture not being as it should.

I have attempted to connect to your box from here but unfortunately it's advising that it is currently switched off and we're unable to communicate with it so we're not able to do any diagnostics currently - I am sorry. 

If you can ensure that the box is switched on for us, that would be great. 

In order to get immediate assistance rather than waiting for us or the community to reply, please do call our faults team directly on 150/03454541111 as they would be able to do the checks with you in live time and book a technician if required. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Katie_WT 

Yesterday evening my TiVo box was replaced by an engineer.

All seems to be working much better although slightly concerning you are unable to communicate with the new box?

Thanks

0 Kudos