Menu
carni2k5
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation Channels and recordings

Some channels and recorded programs pixelating checked connections, restarted box few times still doing it been like this on and off for couple weeks. Any ideas I could try besides what I’ve tried.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelation Channels and recordings

Pixellation and picture breakup - assuming your live TV is affected as well as recordings - is nearly always the result of poor signal somewhere. Perhaps a faulty box tuner, perhaps a faulty cable somewhere, perhaps a poor connection.

If you can identify particular channels that are affected, then we may be able to pick out "groups" of channels that are carried on the same part of the VM network.. but ultimately that will just lend further weight to what will probably be the same outcome.

Virgin TV Faults: 150 from a landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the prompts for "I have a fault with my TV service". Just be insistent that reboots have failed to resolve it, if that is true.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
carni2k5
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Checked connections again rebooted again still pixelating these are some of the channels ITV2, ITV4, ITV Be, Ch5, BBC1, Pick and Paramount there may be more not checked every channel. I did a service check it got as far as 3 still waiting for that to fix problem so chose to Message Virgin wrote all the problems etc. Then waited and waited and waited for reply called 150 seems nobody answers as waited 10 mins next step will probably be cancelling Virgin and trying Sky or BT.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are those HD channels or SD? It probably won't alter the end outcome but might well help diagnose the cause.

Cancelling Virgin will still require a phone call, just as much as reporting your fault will.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
carni2k5
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Standard channels 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Carni2k5.

Can we please confirm if you've been through the below steps?

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
carni2k5
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for reply

just tried your suggestion still the same 24 channels with the W02 error code 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to type this error code into our TV error code search and follow the steps this outlines for this?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
carni2k5
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A technician came today and sorted the problem it was a bad unit in the junction box up the street our signal was very poor thank you all for your comments 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @carni2k5 

Glad to hear that a tech has been and has been able to get the box working well for you again. Thanks for your patience, please let us know if you need any further help 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide