cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelating screen issue (V6)

kempster76
Tuning in

Hi all,

I have been having intermittent issues over the last few months with a pixelating screen, this is happening on lots of channels. Sometimes it goes away for a few days and then comes back, it is happening again quite significantly at the moment.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated.

Yes, I've tried re-booting the box a few times and still have the same issue.

The automated line said there are no issues affecting TV services in my area, so looks like it is a localised fault with my system.

Might not have time to call VM today, hopefully a staff member responds in the meantime.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kempster76,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're seeing pixelation on your TV. I've checked things on our end and can see you've spoken to our team since your post. How are things looking now, were they able to resolve the issue?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

Thank you for following up with me on this issue.

The issue has not yet been resolved unfortunately, the screen pixelation issue still persists quite significantly. It would be much appreciated if you could follow up on this to arrange an engineer to look into this as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us, 

Again apologies for the issues faced, it seems like we'll need to get a technician for this issue.

I've dropped you a PM so that we can discuss further.

You'll find the message within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain