Menu
TJacobs
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixelated service

I am getting a pixelated screen for some channels. For example sky news. I have rebooted the box, disconnected and reconnected the cables in the box and TV, restarted the router but nothing is resolving the issue. I have been waiting since Sunday to have a reply on the chat function on the Connect app. 

How can this be fixed? I have tried all of the suggested fixes.

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelated service

You've not said what you think "all the suggested fixes" actually are? 😉

Pixellation on live TV is indicative of a signal fault. Reboot your box once, then if it persists report the fault to VM so they can investigate. That will usually involve an engineer visit or box replacement. The only exception would be if there's a known fault in your area, which you can check yourself on 0800 5610061. Any other "fix" - often involving C/S "sending stronger signals" or further reboots, is just kicking the fault down the road.

You've not mentioned whether you have the problem on Sky News SD or HD..

If SD.... try watching Dave SD, Eden SD, Alibi SD, W-SD, or QVC-SD, which should be available in all packages (without having checked them all)

If HD... try any of the following channels that you might have access to ... ITV-Be HD, Sky Sports PL-HD, BT Sport 2 HD, Nick-HD, MTV-HD, Sky Nature HD

These channels are carried on the same frequency as Sky News, and I'd expect them to also be affected by signal faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TJacobs
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. It's sky news SD. I have checked Dave & ITV Be. The channels are having the same issues. I don't have the HD package.

The standard fixes I have tried are the bits I mentioned as in the reboots, cable connection checks.

I have been struggling to find where to log a fault. I will take another look.

Thanks 👍

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@TJacobs wrote:

I have been struggling to find where to log a fault. I will take another look.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", and ignore all the inducements to "go online", "get a text message", "solve it yourself" etc etc. Press nothing else, wait for a faults agent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TJacobs
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Legend. Cheers.

0 Kudos