Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixelate on certain channels

I have had a problem with pixelation on the box in our bedroom since it was installed a couple of years ago but it’s not been a major problem as it only applies to certain channels. 601 is the main one with this problem. The engineer said the issue was related to WiFi signal when he installed the new box. We had absolutely no issues with the old TiVo boxes. I have now noticed pixelation on the main box in the lounge for some sky movie channels. 

Do I need to get vm out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelate on certain channels

Pixelation on tv channels is noting to do with the WiFi. You need to compare the same channel number between the boxes and if they are different call them up for another visit.

You need to be aware that some channels are lower quality than others and with SD channels they look worse on bigger tvs.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

The box further from the hub has more of a problem. The issue is with specific channels only and the one that always has an issue is 601. The SD channels are always perfect and it’s on the HD ones.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That sounds like a signal issue - which could be there is a problem with the cable going to the poorer box if the other box is good. You could even have a connection problem at one or other end of the cable to that poorer box.
The tv pictures do NOT come from the hub!
==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)