cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture problems when watching football on sky sports

Shadla1987
Tuning in

Hi

I am having problems watching football through my v6 box on sky sports. At irregular intervals of about a minute but sometimes shorter the picture will slow down and then speed up very briefly before going back to normal. It only happens when watching football on sky sports. 

I have seen other posts suggesting it could be your tv but I have an lg oled and have just watched pretty much every game at the euros on bbc / itv and it hasn't happened once.

Having just put sky sports football on and experienced the problem again almost immediately I'm feeling quite frustrated going in to the next season and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for sorting this out or at least was having similar problems so I know I'm not alone! 

Cheers 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First thing, how are you watching this? Are you talking about watching the broadcast channels on your TV box? Or are you streaming on a tablet, for example?

And if you're watching on broadcast channels, which one? You've mentioned Sky Sports Football - is this the SD version, or HD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm watching them on my v6 box. The problem is there whether I watch it live or recorded.

It seems to happen across all of the channels that show football i.e. Main event, sky sports pl, sky sports football etc and I'm watching in HD 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How odd. Can you post a video of this happening? Either a link to a YouTube vid, or using the "insert video" option on forum replies.

Do you get similar problems with the BT Sport HD channels?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No picture is all good on bt too. I'll try and get a video posted up soon

Ps thanks for your replies

Can we do a bit of experimentation on an HD channel.

1. Set video output to only 1080i, this will pass through the video for upscaling to 2160p by the LG.

2. Set video output to only 2160p, this will make the V6 upscale to 2160p.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection