Menu
slaird82
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Picture pixelation on Sky Sports HD

The picture quality on Sky Sports HD is very poor.  It is as though the pixels are jumping around (literally when watching on Sky sports news a relatively still image moves).  When comparing watching a football match on BBC HD to Sky Sports HD it is night and day.  The quality on BT Sports HD is also vastly better than Sky.  Most other HD channels are clear and crisp to watch (BT 4k is sensational as you would expect).

Is there a reason / signal scan that can be run to determine why Sky Sports is such a poor picture quality - watching on a 65 inch Sony tv makes the experience even worse due to the size of the screen.

I have run all the usual checks; reset v6 box, reset modem, checked cables etc

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture pixelation on Sky Sports HD

Which Sky Sports channels are you finding this on - can you be specific?

What's the model of your TV?

What's your video output set to?

Live TV channels aren't carried over the internet, so checking your modem is very nice but doesn't affect your TV channels 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
slaird82
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture pixelation on Sky Sports HD

Hey japitts,

Sky sports football and sky sports news look the worst - even when just the presenters on the screen. The pixel jump is quite something and presenters appear to have a haze around them. Interestingly sky golf looks much better as does the sky nfl and f1 channels 

I have a Sony Bravia 65inch ag9. Tried setting the box to various video inputs (4K only then 1080i / p etc, but can’t seem to get the picture to be anymore clearer no matter what one I am on)

I reset the modem only because I know the box is linked to the WiFi and wanted to cross off all / any interferences 🙂

0 Kudos