Menu
Suesue8
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Picture pixelating and cannot watch on demand

Picture keeps pixelating so we cannot watch most channels. Cannot watch any on demand programmes just error codes. The TiVo box keeps turning itself off and rebooting at least weekly. Do we need a new box? Had it many years.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture pixelating and cannot watch on demand

You have 2 separate issues here, live TV & OnDemand are carried to your box separately. Let's first confirm you definitely have a V6 and not a TiVo? Check here if you're not sure.

As far as OnDemand goes, you've mentioned "error code" but not said what the error codes are. You can get help with some of the common ones here but if you can confirm what codes you're getting, we may be able to offer further advice.

As far as pixellation goes...on live TV this is often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and you'll need to call them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello Suesue8

It's really disappointing to hear of the issues experienced with your TV service and On Demand, we appreciate you taking the time to contact us via the forums to look into this further and welcome to the community.

japitts has offered some excellent advice in regards to the problems faced, have you been able to look into the error codes you've been getting on the link provided? We'd also like to ask if you have more than one et top box? If so, does this happen on all boxes or just one in particular? How is this box connected? Is it wired or wireless connection?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Suesue8
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi the pixelating happens on both our boxes, I tried to watch an on demand tonight and this time received error code 602, previously we have also had ones beginning with C, when trying to follow the instructions it just locks up. The box keeps rebooting itself on a twice weekly minimum basis just cutting out mid normal viewing. The box is wired. Just feel like getting rid, why am I paying for something we cannot use properly. 
problem when you ring virgin they tell you to reboot etc which we have done so many times, say nothing is wrong so must all be in our heads and nothing gets done.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Suesue8 wrote:

The box keeps rebooting itself on a twice weekly minimum basis just cutting out mid normal viewing.

That alone sounds like a faulty box to me.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Suesue8, thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry your TV fault issue is continuing.  I have located your account and booked the first available technician to attend your property.  I would ask you to sign into your online account to view that appointment and get back to us, if the appointment is not convenient.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Suesue8
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Wow what service, appointment is fine thank you

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sue,

Glad we were able to help, if you have any further issues please let us know.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Suesue8
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Well I spoke too soon, lovely man came last week said he’d fixed the box but any problems to call him. Next day rang him to say problem not resolved and could he come back. Brilliant he did and said he knew the problem was the signal and the box. He said he would have to come back with a signal booster and new box as the don’t carry them. As he was having days off he said could he come Wednesday ( yesterday) and we agreed. I messaged twice yesterday and he eventually said he had a personal problem to deal with and could he come today. Of course I said but hey ho no show. Still got the Initial problems and feel as if I have been payed for an idiot. Not happy as you can tell and not the service I am sure Virgin expect to provide. To add insult our internet also failed this week whilst trying to work from home and the lady got it working for me but is it all linked who knows. Will we ever find out or do we just get rid of Virgin.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You've got a few issues mixed in here, it may help to break them down a little.

The "signal booster" could mean a few different things, I suspect the tech was alluding to an incoming signal issue. Your internet issue could be related, or it could be entirely different. Normally I wouldn't recommend getting into broadband issues on the TV board, but I'll at least cover the basics - is this your WiFi dropping out, or the broadband as a whole? If it's just the WiFi, that's unrelated - if you've not already done, I'd suggest setting up a BQM which will monitor your connection 24/7 and identify any genuine connection issues at a stroke.

Beyond that, let's try to keep this post to TV issues. Are you currently having problems with live TV? OnDemand? Streaming? These would each be caused by different things, so let's make sure now.

As regards the tech not calling back - they've probably been allocated other jobs and could have closed yours already. I'm sure it's well intentioned, but it may yet be better to have this one pushed through via "official" methods.

0 Kudos