Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Picture pixalated

Hi.  Normally all works well.  However today my picture in all channels (excepted Sky news!) has become unwatchable due to severe pixalation.  This happens on both my V6 boxes so not a loose connection.  Also the fact that Sky News still works suggests a problem at Virgin end.  I have been on the phone for over an hour, been cut off and tried ringing again for 40 minutes now but am not hopeful anyone can answer.  How do I get someone to check this out.  It is not a registered fault.  Thanks Alan

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture pixalated

Hi Alan,

Sorry to see you are having major pixellation issues.

I realise you said you've checked all your cables are snug and tight and not twisted, but it's worth checking externally as well.

You could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

When you checked the  online service status did you also run a test on your equipment from there? By doing that VM should be able to send a signal to your boxes and try to repair them, or send out a replacement and/or engineer.

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults if you've used the online faults checker then the system should hopefully recognise that and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up, rather than going through all the automated tests .If that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate the quick response.  i did run the test and it said "we're trying to sort it out for you" with a big exclamation mark.  I don't know if that meant that a fault was detected or just a holding statement

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If both of your boxes are affected, then unless they've both got issues, it would tend to suggest common/external cabling.

It would be rare for external connections to develop issues that you can realistically diagnose yourself, but a visual check as suggested certainly can't do any harm.

If your fault is on equipment or cabling that also feeds other properties, you can only hope they've also reported it. I tend to find the remote diagnostics on the 150 IVR are more reliable at identifying faults and "dealing with them", than the online ones - but I believe they're broadly similar.

If the IVR diagnostics do identify any issues that can be progressed by an engineer visit, then the same IVR is usually pretty good at offering and arranging the visit without you needing to queue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It may take a few days isn't really acceptable for someone paying over £100 a month on the oomph service.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@AlanLS wrote:

It may take a few days isn't really acceptable for someone paying over £100 a month on the oomph service.

I don't think the text message service is really intended for reporting urgent or loss-of-service faults - which are best reported via the phone routes.

That the phone lines have large call queues at times, I agree is far from ideal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through to support on Sunday morning after waiting another 40 mins on phone.  Initially they were going to send an engineer, but then they acknowledged a fault on the network which was fixed on Sunday afternoon.  If only customer support could be improved (i don't know but being able to submit a fault online would help) then Virgin would be 5 stars.  But I cannot recommend it at the moment as when there are problems it is so difficult to get through to report them in order that they can be fixed.

0 Kudos