Menu
hbevan63
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture jumpy in playback

Hi

dont know if anyone else has had similar issues but when tv paused and then played the program becomes jumpy. Same happens when watching a recording. Tried rebooting and running the online checks for faults and service issues but all clear and problem not solved and getting rather frustrating. Other boxes in the house are working fine

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Picture jumpy in playback

If... Live TV & OnDemand are fine, but recordings and paused/delayed programmes are problematic, this would tend to suggest your box has hard drive problems. No amount of reboots are going to alter the fact, that's likely a box replacement. It will probably get progressively worse and may eventually cause an outright box failure.

Call into VM faults to report it - 150 from a Virgin phone or 0345 4541111 from any other network, choose the option for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tags (1)
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @hbevan63

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your box, I can appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I've managed to locate your account and I can see you managed to get the picture quality issue resolved. How are things performing currently? Is this still the case? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
hbevan63
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes all sorted today, thanks to an engineer visit

turned out not to be a box issue but with the connector wire outside. All replaced and everything seems to be ok so far - fingers crossed it remains that way 

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update @hbevan63

Glad to hear you managed to get this sorted, any further issues please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks 🙂 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide