Menu
geeoharee
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture distortion on some channels

I have very bad distortion on some channels. I've been told I need to phone for an engineer visit but I'm autistic and hopeless on the phone. Is there any other way to contact VM?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Picture distortion on some channels

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and normally I'd suggest you call in or wait for a staff response.

If your fault persists after you've tried the above suggestions, then post back and we (any VIP user) can escalate the thread so that VM staff pick it up sooner than they would otherwise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @geeoharee

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues but  we are more than happy to help you. 

Would you mind carrying out the checks as @japitts has suggested please and letting me know if there are any further issues at all? 

If the issue continues to persist then I can take a further look into this for you.

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
geeoharee
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to everyone who replied, this problem went away by itself after a few days. I wonder if it was the very hot weather? Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update geeoharee,

Glad to hear the issue resolved by itself, and that you are back up and running.

If you need any further assistance with anything please come back to us through this forum.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos